Making DIY Seed tapes for your vegetable garden
(Last updated October 30th, 2016)
If you are like me and love to MAKE stuff for the garden and not just buy them, then this simple little rainy day pre-spring project is for you!
Gardeners are a handy bunch and love to fiddle and find new ways to make things for their gardens. Seed tapes are a great way to speed up seed planting, and offer advantages for planting your veggies while keeping the space between each row even.
- 1. Gather your Ingredients
- 2. Prepare the seed emulsion as a natural glue
- 3. Make seed tape and add the seeds
- 4. Label and store
Materials you need:
- – Plant or veggie Seeds
– Zip lock Bags or plastic containers, label them
– 1 Tbl. spoon Corn Starch
– 1 Cup of Cold Water
– No Bleach Paper Towels or any other natural paper – cut in 1 1/2 – 2 inch Strips and folded in half
– Squeeze type bottle, (you can wash and use an empty mustard or ketchup bottle)
– A drop of food coloring for marking (optional)