If you are like me and love to MAKE stuff for the garden and not just buy them, then this simple little rainy day pre-spring project is for you!
Gardeners are a handy bunch and love to fiddle and find new ways to make things for their gardens. Seed tapes are a great way to speed up seed planting, and offer advantages for planting your veggies while keeping the space between each row even.
- 1. Gather your Ingredients
- 2. Prepare the seed emulsion as a natural glue
- 3. Make seed tape and add the seeds
- 4. Label and store
Materials you need:
- – Plant or veggie Seeds
– Zip lock Bags or plastic containers, label them
– 1 Tbl. spoon Corn Starch
– 1 Cup of Cold Water
– No Bleach Paper Towels or any other natural paper – cut in 1 1/2 – 2 inch Strips and folded in half
– Squeeze type bottle, (you can wash and use an empty mustard or ketchup bottle)
– A drop of food coloring for marking (optional)